timely quote

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ahmadinejad Congratulates Obama

Well this is one I hadn't expected, but I'm not sure why I wouldn't have. After all the reports of celebrations around the world and other leaders talking about how America will be liked again (oh goody).

Fox News is reporting that Mad Jad has spoken in congratulations to President-Elect Obama.

Iran sees Obama's victory as a triumph over the unpopular policies of U.S. President George W. Bush, who repeatedly clashed with Iranian leaders while in office over Iran's nuclear program and its opposition to the U.S.-led invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Ahmadinejad went on in his Thursday message to say that "nations of the world" expect changes from Obama -- mostly that he will change current U.S. foreign policy.

That policy, Ahmadinejad claimed, was "based on warmongering, occupation, bullying, deception and humiliation, as well as discrimination and unfair relations" and has led to "hatred of all nations and majority of governments toward the U.S. leaders."

Ahmadinejad also said that Obama is expected to replace such a policy with "an approach based on justice and respect, as well as lack of intervention in the affairs of others."

"Yay! We got rid of Bush, and now Amerikkka will leave us alone so we can destroy Israel in peace!"

Israel is already concerned: In Jerusalem, Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, a contender for prime minister in her country's elections, warned against any dialogue with Iran -- a first sign of Israeli disagreement with the incoming U.S. administration.

"Dialogue at this time is liable to broadcast weakness," cautioned Livni, who is head of the governing Kadima Party. "I think early dialogue at a time when it appears to Iran that the world has given up on sanctions could be problematic."

Watch his actions, hear what he says...make a decision

2 comments:

Ex-Dissident said...

I was a 1st responder at the World Trade Center. As I read your blog, especially your first post, I got the same feeling of community support that was present there. Lets clean up this mess.

folly said...

As one who watched the WTC fall on the internet from my nice, safe office, I want to say thank you. I can't imagine what it would be like to run into that building.

I was reading that John Ripley died this week.

He said, about the battle at Dong Ha, "When you know you're not going to make it, a wonderful thing happens: You stop being cluttered by the feeling that you're going to save your butt."

I can't imagine what it would feel like to be in that situation, but I can imagine that you felt that way as you ran into the burning buildings.

Aside from all that, I appreciate the comment. I am new at this, but I've just had enough. I'm looking for local organizations I can join, I'm sending letters, I'm doing what I can from here.

Thanks for the support.