timely quote

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, November 27, 2008

What am I thankful for?

I lost my three remaining Grandparents this year, and while I miss them every day, I have so many things to be thankful for.

I am thankful that I had so many years to enjoy my Grandparents' company.
I am thankful that I have both my parents.
I am thankful that I have a wonderful wife of almost 18 years.
I am thankful that I have two wonderful teenagers (yes, really)
I am thankful that I have a strong and independent sister.
I am thankful that I have a job.
I am thankful that I enjoy that job.
I am thankful that I have friends I enjoy spending time with.
I am thankful that I don't have to cook the entire Thanksgiving meal this year.

I am thankful that I have so may things to be thankful for, that I can't remember them all.

What are you thankful for?

Update: I'm thankful that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade got Rickrolled by the Foster's Home float. That's awesome.

3 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

I'm thankful for that Rickrolled link! I've been driving most of the day so I missed the parade.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

:o)

Natalie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

folly said...

Joan, you're welcome. Within minutes of me seeing it on the parade, it was on the internets, with video. It was perfect. I hope you have had a safe drive and a great Thanksgiving!

Natalie, I hope you had a safe trip home and a great time with your family. I was gone in the Navy for several years and I remember the few times I got to be home were the best ones.

And don't forget, it's not the "holiday season", it's the Christmas Season. :)