timely quote

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Palin snubs Oprah

I guess turnabout is fair play. The big O is whining that Sarah Palin has made time for everyone but her.
"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over… I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”
Ok, wait a minute. This is Oprah, right? I'll admit, she didn't have either candidate on her show, and she said she wasn't going to use her show as a platform, and I'll have to assume (since I don't watch Oprah) that in the one hour a day that the Oprah show is on, she didn't. But the other 23 hours a day she was giving speeches for Obama and appearing with Obama. She was out there all day and all night. A constant figure at Obama campaign stops. She endorsed him in May 2007. I guess she thought no one would notice.

So after speaking for Obama for over a year, showing her left wing bias, and saying that she didn't want to have Palin on her show, she's surprised that she can't get an interview with Palin now that the election is over.

I say good on you, Gov Palin. Oprah could have tried to be unbiased on her show and had multiple candidates on. But she didn't want to be unbiased. She left it out of her show and spent her time stumping for Obama. Now, she wants to have Palin on and ask her about killing moose and if Africa is a continent and if she really did throw tantrums. I don't think that would be a useful interview, and apparently neither does Gov Palin.

Just remember this:

5 comments:

Liberty Girl said...

Can't bring my sinuses-on-fire, snotty-nosed self to even watch that vid, but I find the petulant tone of the quote absolutely hysterical.

What? Everything isn't magically unicorns and rainbows since your Messiah has been elected? The deuce you say.

folly said...

Watching the acceptance speech almost made me physically ill. I've seen plenty of pictures with Obama having a halo, but I don't every recall seeing him live with one.

If anything, I think it will get worse after he takes office. I think the world leaders think they can push him around (ie Russia a couple weeks ago), and I think the terror states believe he is weak.

While I hope to God that bad things don't happen, I'm expecting it. If there are no attacks in the next year or so, I'd credit the security team and agencies that Bush put together, just like I credited the Clinton security team and agencies for 9-11.

And by the way, magical unicorn is delicious medium rare with a nice tarragon bechamel sauce. :)

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oprah herself is a product-placement entity. She is a brand. Like it was some big deal to not say anything on her show since 2007. People who follow Oprah follow Oprah and every detail of her life.

Oprah makes money off of people knowing every little bit of what she thinks, says, and does, but we'll wink and grin at her "unbiased" and forced disinterest in politics on her show. Feh.

Patrick Roberts said...

Oprah and Palin should be able to like or dislike whoever they want... too bad that's pretty much impossible if they want to maintain their approval ratings

folly said...

Don't get me wrong. I think it would be publicity for Palin to do the interview, but I don't think Oprah could be unbiased. Oprah has shown bias in everything she does. I think that the deck would be stacked against Palin from the time the cameras rolled.

Oprah and Palin can like anyone they so choose. For Oprah it's a ratings thing. She lives and dies by ratings and public perception. Palin is being genuine in her reasoning to avoid Oprah and her interview couch.

I also think that Palin could be very comfortable finishing her career in Alaska and go back home to hunt and fish and play with grandkids for the rest of her life. I hope she doesn't, but I think she could, with no looking back.