timely quote

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Been kinda busy lately

I know I've been away, and I may have alienated one or two of my half dozen readers, and for that, I apologize.

I've been shooting a lot, mostly local matches, but I'm also preparing for the High Plains Shotgun Challenge, which will most certainly be more fun than necessary. I'm also trying to decide if I want to go shoot the Double Tap Championship this year or not. I've never shot double tap, but it looks like a really good time.

My son is shopping for his HS class ring, my daughter is being 14 and rather dramatic about the whole thing and work has been kicking my ass. There's a reason they don't let me carry a gun at work.

My Grandparents' house is almost sold and that will take care of the last of the trust execution for me. This was a very long year. I lost three grandparents and most of my belief that the average person isn't stupid. It was Einstein that said, "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." This last election certainly proved that.

And Obama? Oh God, what is he about to do? He ran on change, but I don't think that the 52% knew what he meant. He really believes he can spend the country out of debt. He made so many promises, most of which he's already broken...no lobbyists, open legislative process, bi-partisanship, no more "politics of fear."

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I'm watching the news again and trying to find interesting things to say.

By the way, go to No Stimulus and make your voice heard. This obamanation is on it's way to the white house. We may not be able to stop it, but we can raise our voices in protest.

4 comments:

talnik said...

We thought you took your stimulus money and ran.

folly said...

Talnik, I didn't get any stimulus money. There's not any of that in this bill. There's a lot of spending on government expansion and nationalizing healthcare and all that stuff, but no money for me.

You're stuck with me.

Ex-Dissident said...

Talnik, I think that many of us, conservative readers, have the privilege to be productive members of our society. Such duties unfortunately leave little time for other activities.

folly said...

Hey Vinny, good to see you. I do enjoy being productive, but sometimes I wish I had more time to write. Not sure what I'd do to support my family and all that, though...