timely quote

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, February 13, 2009

USPSA Classification finally comes through

So I finally got several of my classifier scores recorded, and I'm officially a C class limited shooter in the USPSA. I skipped D class all together. I've only been at this game for 6 months, and it is probably the most fun I've had with any of the things that I've tried.

So if you're a shooter and you're looking for a way to spend all of that money you thought you should save for your kids college or retirement or something, try out USPSA/IPSC. It doesn't really have to cost your first-born, and you can shoot what you brung.

My current comp gun, a Tanfoglio (EAA) Witness Elite Match, cost me a total of $500 and the extended mags cost $95 for a 21 round mag, but I started with my stock XDm (which my 17yo son shoots now).

So check out the website and look for clubs in your area. Go shoot a match or two and see if you get hooked like I did. It's worth your time.

No comments: