timely quote

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Zero sum game

Based on what I've read about the speech last night, and Obama's pledge to reduce the deficit by 50% by the end of his term as president, I can only assume that he is using a variation on the "Zero Sum Game." Basically, in a two player game, if you take the gains by one player and the losses by the other player, they should even out to zero.

Unfortunately, he's looking at it as the gain of those who do nothing, and the losses of those who work. Add it all up and it equals zero, which is where we'll be if we keep going this way.

I couldn't even watch the speech. I'm reading some good analysis on it, and I'll read the speech so I can do my own slightly sarcastic analysis on it.

:edited to correct the timeframe for deficit reduction - folly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

malkin's analysis is spot on:

"blah, blah, blah,
bush's fault,..
blah, blah, blah,
tax and spend,
blah."

yeach.

folly said...

Couldn't have said it better myself.