timely quote

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Not able to make it today


Well, I was not able to make the local OKC Tea Party due to work. Unfortunately, when you pay your bills, sometimes you can't set your own priorities.

I did keep track of what was going on, and here in OKC at the capitol building the estimated crowd was up to 7000 people. I wish I could have been there. There were several speakers and a local conservative radio guy provided the music, a good speech and lots of publicity.

You can tell that it was a good day because CNN and MSNBC says: "Tens of thousands of protesters staged "tea parties" across the nation Wednesday to tap into the collective angst fueled by a bad economy..."

There were at least 5000 and likely close to 7000 here. The AP is trying to play it down. Check the numbers coming in at the Tax Day Tea Party website.

This was an outstanding day, and I wish I could have been there. I'll take vacation next time.

5 comments:

Ex-Dissident said...

I was fortunate in that NYC party occurred after 7pm. It was cold, but we gathered. My guesstimate over 10k. The crowd was deafening. I got home, turned on the news, and saw some teenagers being shown in a make-up store, and not much else. FOX was there but I don't see the coverage on our local news. To hell with MSM...they have become obsolete anyway.

folly said...

Mine was at noon. There were 4 others in OK yesterday and several others prior to the big ones. The one in Tulsa had several thousand people as well.

Hopefully the voices will be heard.

The next step is to start pushing. Stay vocal. We're not done.

Ex-Dissident said...

you must see the video of that cnn reporter attacking a father and his infant.

Natalie said...

I couldn't go to a tea party either, sadly enough. In my case, I had night class at the same time the tea party was starting. School seriously interferes with my life, but oh well. My mom went to one back at home and she loved it and said it was amazing. She was texting me the whole time she was there so I kind of got to enjoy it vicariously.

folly said...

Like I said, sometimes your priorities require you miss some things you'd like to do.

Much like posting...

:)